Tuesday, November 22, 2011

possible yet impossible

The other day I had quite an enlightening conversation, were we (me and my friend) casually
Just talked aboutrandom stuff

When we suddenly talked about our wish lists
Mine was a more (materialistic) wish list
Were I name a few items I would like to acquire
Among those items was a new camcorder
And the other item was actually repairing an item I already had

Aside from that matter
My list had a materialistic sounding to it, items and items came in line

Then my friend started and asked
"Do you want to know what my wish list is?"

And I answered him yes tell me

He then started with his list

* I want to quit smoking
* I want to lose weight
* I want to settle down and start a family

Wow at that moment I kind of felt a big enormous feeling of shame
Since all that I wanted was materialistic stuff
And my friend was wishing for things that were generally bigger

I did feel at that moment that maybe I was a bit immature to think of materialistic issues
He goes on and explains
“I took it as a way in my life to wish for impossible yet possible wishes"

And he was right look at the wishes that he asked for
*to quite smoking (since he was a smoker)
It is possible for him to quit, but it’s impossible to go ahead with it

The nature of the wishes were possible to do, but impossible to undergo and have
The diligence to continue on the hard work to achieve

Yet he wishes to do so and one day achieve such wish

We tend to wish all the time, its ok for us to wish for a bigger house, a fancy car or even
Have those super cool fancy expensive shoes

But it’s always BETTER to have a self improvement wish
For having a better life

And remember; be careful for what you wish for
Cause you just might get it

And when you get it.... well lets take that to another article (=D)  

No comments:

Post a Comment